Food Safety and RSA Training

1300 665633 +61 3 59669977

    Student Login

Want to stay up to date with food safety news? Like us on Google & Facebook.

  • We have found the online program very easy to use and very comprehensive and it has fitted perfectly with the food safety requirements of our business.

    John - Manager

  • I think the course is really good because you can log back out and save your spot within the module. The modules seemed very precise to the point with images that associated to the particular topic which made learning interesting.

    Krystle - Training Manager

  • I always find CFT staff very helpful and efficient when we need anything, nothing is too much trouble.

    Ben - Company Director

Frequently Asked Questions

If you are having problems or need to find the answer to questions, please check our frequently asked questions, or click on the useful links button for more information.

​1. Is the Food Safety Certificate Nationally accredited? ​Yes, all CFT Food Safety qualifications are from nationally accredited units and align to National Food Safety Standards. Accepted in all Australian States and Territories. If you want to be a Food Safety Supervisor in NSW scroll down to 8 - Why is the NSW Food Safety Supervisor course different?

​2. What  Food safety certificate do I need?

If you need a food safety qualification for a hospitality or retail food business you will

need the unit codes SITXFSA001 & SITXFSA002.


If you want a food safety supervisor course for childcare, aged care and hospitals choose HLTFSE001 and HLTFSE007 and HLTFSE005.

Bakeries, food processing and food manfuacturers need these food safety units FDFFS1001A and FDFFFS2001A

Click here for the page on our website that explains all requirements​​​​

3. What RSA certificate do I need?

Online RSA training SITHFAB002 is available for people working in a bar in South Australia, Western Australia, Qld and NT.

Click here for the page on our website that explains all RSA State requirements​ - 


​4. How do I get a copy of my certificate?

Once you have successfully completed all of the online assessment tasks, you can access a copy of your secure e-certificate immediately.


5. How long does it take to complete the course?​​ Studying at your own pace is different for each individual. This depends on you existing food safety knowledge. You do not have to complete the whole course in one sitting, login and out as time allows.

6. What computer software and skills will I need? You will need access to a computer and internet. We recommend basic computer skills and that you read our tips for studying Online.

7. If I get a question wrong, what will happen? As this is competence based training you will have the opportunity to re-answer the question.If you incorrectly answer any of the questions more than 4 times you will need to contact our support team and we will assist.CFT staff are also able to track students who are having difficulties and can email them to offer study support.


8. Why is the NSW Food Safety Supervisor course different? ​The CFT Food safety supervisor NSW course is written to meet the NSW legislation.
CFT is an approved provider of FSS NSW training and therefor we are able to issue the NSW Food Authority certificate.
The NSW FSS certificate is valid for five years from the date of issue.It is a legal requirement that certian businesses keep a copy of their FSS certificate on the premises and produce it for inspection on request by an authorised officer.
For more information go to the NSW Food Authority website
Please note: The additional cost of $35.00 is payable for the NSW Food Authority certificate ($30 fee to NSW Food Authority plus $5.00 for post and handling).

9. Do I need to complete the training all in one session? No, our Online courses are designed so that you can progress at your own pace. You can log out as you need and then log back in to start where you left off. You can study anytime the online courses are available 24/7, 360 days per year.

10. How do I verify my Identity?

Under the NVR Standards including SNR 15, 17 and 24. Nationally recognised training requires the RTO to record and report to relevant government bodies details of the participants’ identification (Must be Government issued id: eg: Driver’s Licence, Passport or Birth Certificate all acceptable) the original ID must be sighted, copied and certified by a JP and the original JP certified document sent to CFT.


11. My name is spelt incorrectly on my certificate, what can i do?Your certificate is produced from the details that you supplied to CFT upon enrolment. If for some reason this is not correct, please contact us with proof of identity and we can amend the spelling.


12. What support is available for me to successfully complete my training?​ CFT support is available 7 days per week from 7am to 10pm via Or phone during business hours.
Please see our student hand-bo​ok ​ for details of student support services including Language, Literacy and Numeracy in our
 Student Information Handbook

If your question has not been answered please contact us and we will endeavour to answer your question.